Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
Asad Ali Khan (1937-2011) REST IN PEACE!
- This RSS feed URL is deprecated November 23, 2017
- Weaving magic with the veena - Deccan Chronicle November 20, 2017
- 'Nadalahari' features instrumentalists celebrating Chennai for ... - The Hindu November 23, 2017
- Pt Vishwa Mohan Bhatt: Classical music brings out human values in listeners all around world - Connected to India (press release) November 15, 2017
- Seventh Grade Student Neil Nayyar Sets Record for Playing 44 Instruments - India West November 22, 2017
- Land allotted for music varsity at Dharmapura encroached upon - Times of India November 22, 2017
- Lorraine C.
- Taimur Khan
Tag Archives: Dhrupad
Uttara Shahani spoke to Radhika Budhkar for theveena.net (@uttaras and @TheMusicofIndia). Some of the questions posed to Dr Budhkar were from twitterati. Thanks to @zenmotherhood, @tablamontreal, @goodbells, @mattamayura, @taimur_org and @TheMusicofIndia. Picture Credits: Dr Radhika Umdekar Budhkar Clips of Dr … Continue reading
One of the most ancient Indian string instruments the Rudra Veena Is believed to have been made by Lord Shiva by taking inspiration from the form of Goddess Parvati. The Rudra V eena was so made; the dandi is the … Continue reading
Another Rudra Veena Maestro, Ustad Shamsuddin Faridi Desai has passed away. Excerpts from interview with Lyle Wachovsky, “The Qadri Sufis regard music as a pathway to God” ( April 2004) can be found here. Downloads of Ustadji playing Ragas Bhupali … Continue reading
Ustad Asad Ali Khan (Hindi: असद अली खान, Urdu: اسد علی خاں) (born 1937) is an Indian rudra veena player. Khan performs the Dhrupad form of North Indian classical music. He was awarded one of India’s highest civilian honours, the … Continue reading