Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
Asad Ali Khan (1937-2011) REST IN PEACE!
- Sheppie Snippets: Temples to host Mariamman prayers - South Coast Herald July 20, 2017
- Carnatic's Nobel - The Hindu July 20, 2017
- Vidushi MS Jayamma Memorial Classical Music Competitions - Star of Mysore July 19, 2017
- Stringing cultures together - The Hindu June 29, 2017
- Music feature 'Rajayogindra' marks JC Wadiyar's birth anniversary - Star of Mysore July 19, 2017
- A melodious confluence - The Hindu June 29, 2017
- Lorraine C.
- Taimur Khan
Tag Archives: Dhrupad
Uttara Shahani spoke to Radhika Budhkar for theveena.net (@uttaras and @TheMusicofIndia). Some of the questions posed to Dr Budhkar were from twitterati. Thanks to @zenmotherhood, @tablamontreal, @goodbells, @mattamayura, @taimur_org and @TheMusicofIndia. Picture Credits: Dr Radhika Umdekar Budhkar Clips of Dr … Continue reading
One of the most ancient Indian string instruments the Rudra Veena Is believed to have been made by Lord Shiva by taking inspiration from the form of Goddess Parvati. The Rudra V eena was so made; the dandi is the … Continue reading
Another Rudra Veena Maestro, Ustad Shamsuddin Faridi Desai has passed away. Excerpts from interview with Lyle Wachovsky, “The Qadri Sufis regard music as a pathway to God” ( April 2004) can be found here. Downloads of Ustadji playing Ragas Bhupali … Continue reading
Ustad Asad Ali Khan (Hindi: असद अली खान, Urdu: اسد علی خاں) (born 1937) is an Indian rudra veena player. Khan performs the Dhrupad form of North Indian classical music. He was awarded one of India’s highest civilian honours, the … Continue reading