Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
Asad Ali Khan (1937-2011) REST IN PEACE!
- This RSS feed URL is deprecated December 16, 2017
- Listen: Bade Ghulam Ali Khan, Veena Sahasrabuddhe and Jasraj mesmerise in Aadaa Chautaal - Scroll.in December 16, 2017
- An evening of soothing music - Star of Mysore December 15, 2017
- Made for each other - The Hindu December 7, 2017
- A tech-savvy vainika! - Deccan Chronicle December 14, 2017
- 'Bharat Veena' based on ancient theory of music developed in Pune - Hindustan Times December 5, 2017
- Lorraine C.
- Taimur Khan
Tag Archives: Bin
One of the most ancient Indian string instruments the Rudra Veena Is believed to have been made by Lord Shiva by taking inspiration from the form of Goddess Parvati. The Rudra V eena was so made; the dandi is the … Continue reading
Another Rudra Veena Maestro, Ustad Shamsuddin Faridi Desai has passed away. Excerpts from interview with Lyle Wachovsky, “The Qadri Sufis regard music as a pathway to God” ( April 2004) can be found here. Downloads of Ustadji playing Ragas Bhupali … Continue reading
Ustad Asad Ali Khan (Hindi: असद अली खान, Urdu: اسد علی خاں) (born 1937) is an Indian rudra veena player. Khan performs the Dhrupad form of North Indian classical music. He was awarded one of India’s highest civilian honours, the … Continue reading
Suvir Misra on the differences between the Rudra Veena and Flat-board Musical Instruments like the Sitar (Hindi)
Suvir Misra delivers a small lecture on the differences in the acoustical and constructional features of flat-board musical instruments like Sitar and tubular body instrument like Rudra Veena. He also touches upon the differences between Srutis and Swaras in a … Continue reading