Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
Asad Ali Khan (1937-2011) REST IN PEACE!
- In Prahlada he found a parallel - The Hindu October 19, 2017
- What Is The Future Of Ancient Rudra Veena In Hindustani Classical? - Outlook India October 17, 2017
- Veena maestro PRKM feted with lifetime achievement award - The Hans India October 14, 2017
- Classical strings strum latest melodies - The New Indian Express October 18, 2017
- Dattatreya Parvatikar: The musician as a mystic - Livemint October 6, 2017
- Mesmerising Mohana Veena concert by Pt. Manish Pingle - Star of Mysore October 2, 2017
- Lorraine C.
- Taimur Khan
Tag Archives: Bin
One of the most ancient Indian string instruments the Rudra Veena Is believed to have been made by Lord Shiva by taking inspiration from the form of Goddess Parvati. The Rudra V eena was so made; the dandi is the … Continue reading
Another Rudra Veena Maestro, Ustad Shamsuddin Faridi Desai has passed away. Excerpts from interview with Lyle Wachovsky, “The Qadri Sufis regard music as a pathway to God” ( April 2004) can be found here. Downloads of Ustadji playing Ragas Bhupali … Continue reading
Ustad Asad Ali Khan (Hindi: असद अली खान, Urdu: اسد علی خاں) (born 1937) is an Indian rudra veena player. Khan performs the Dhrupad form of North Indian classical music. He was awarded one of India’s highest civilian honours, the … Continue reading
Suvir Misra on the differences between the Rudra Veena and Flat-board Musical Instruments like the Sitar (Hindi)
Suvir Misra delivers a small lecture on the differences in the acoustical and constructional features of flat-board musical instruments like Sitar and tubular body instrument like Rudra Veena. He also touches upon the differences between Srutis and Swaras in a … Continue reading