Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
Asad Ali Khan (1937-2011) REST IN PEACE!
- Sheppie Snippets: Temples to host Mariamman prayers - South Coast Herald July 20, 2017
- Carnatic's Nobel - The Hindu July 20, 2017
- Vidushi MS Jayamma Memorial Classical Music Competitions - Star of Mysore July 19, 2017
- Stringing cultures together - The Hindu June 29, 2017
- Music feature 'Rajayogindra' marks JC Wadiyar's birth anniversary - Star of Mysore July 19, 2017
- A melodious confluence - The Hindu June 29, 2017
- Lorraine C.
- Taimur Khan
Category Archives: Saraswati Veena
The decreasing graph of its popularity is like a tragedy where every character makes an inconspicuous exit after a long powerful presence. Thanks to a few alert conservationists and scholars, several ancestral variants of the veena still rest as museum … Continue reading
The first and obvious thing you will notice when you enter Raju’s shop are the Veenas – and lots of them, of all varieties. Ofcourse, you’ll also notice Raju himself – a bespectacled, middle aged man with a moustache working … Continue reading
It is a double whammy for traditional veena makers here with general patronage for this musical instrument coming down and the State Government offering no encouragement in the form of providing loans or helping in procurement of raw material – … Continue reading
This is part of a series: ** CONTENTS: 1. History and Artist Profile 2. Introduction 3. Parts of Veena 4. Tuning of Veena 5. Sitting Posture 6. Handling Ways 7. Types of Veena 8. How to Pluck the String 9. … Continue reading