Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
Asad Ali Khan (1937-2011) REST IN PEACE!
- This RSS feed URL is deprecated November 23, 2017
- Weaving magic with the veena - Deccan Chronicle November 20, 2017
- 'Nadalahari' features instrumentalists celebrating Chennai for ... - The Hindu November 23, 2017
- Pt Vishwa Mohan Bhatt: Classical music brings out human values in listeners all around world - Connected to India (press release) November 15, 2017
- Seventh Grade Student Neil Nayyar Sets Record for Playing 44 Instruments - India West November 22, 2017
- Land allotted for music varsity at Dharmapura encroached upon - Times of India November 22, 2017
- Lorraine C.
- Taimur Khan
Category Archives: Saraswati Veena
The decreasing graph of its popularity is like a tragedy where every character makes an inconspicuous exit after a long powerful presence. Thanks to a few alert conservationists and scholars, several ancestral variants of the veena still rest as museum … Continue reading
The first and obvious thing you will notice when you enter Raju’s shop are the Veenas – and lots of them, of all varieties. Ofcourse, you’ll also notice Raju himself – a bespectacled, middle aged man with a moustache working … Continue reading
It is a double whammy for traditional veena makers here with general patronage for this musical instrument coming down and the State Government offering no encouragement in the form of providing loans or helping in procurement of raw material – … Continue reading
This is part of a series: ** CONTENTS: 1. History and Artist Profile 2. Introduction 3. Parts of Veena 4. Tuning of Veena 5. Sitting Posture 6. Handling Ways 7. Types of Veena 8. How to Pluck the String 9. … Continue reading