Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
Asad Ali Khan (1937-2011) REST IN PEACE!
- Re-emergence of Dhrupad - Deccan Chronicle September 24, 2017
- Symphony NH Presents Classical Indian Music - Londonderry News September 25, 2017
- Short-term joy was not his cup of tea - The Hindu September 22, 2017
- Grand Veena recital at RAAGA on 16th - Star of Mysore September 15, 2017
- Of art and music: A Vainik who creates music - Deccan Chronicle August 27, 2017
- Harry Manx brings together blues and classical Hindustani music for Faith Lifts - Straight.com September 21, 2017
- Lorraine C.
- Taimur Khan
Category Archives: News and Media
The decreasing graph of its popularity is like a tragedy where every character makes an inconspicuous exit after a long powerful presence. Thanks to a few alert conservationists and scholars, several ancestral variants of the veena still rest as museum … Continue reading
Excerpted from the article When strings speak by Aparna Menon in The Hindu: The Bobbili Veena from Andhra Pradesh was made by the craftsmen of the Sarwasiddi community of Gollapali. Instrumental music has always been a part of Indian Culture … Continue reading
It is a double whammy for traditional veena makers here with general patronage for this musical instrument coming down and the State Government offering no encouragement in the form of providing loans or helping in procurement of raw material – … Continue reading