The Tri-tantri Veena, known as the Jantra in medieval times and also known as the tri-tantrika, had three strings and no frets. Dr Lalmani Misra, in his book Bharatiya Sangeet Vadya, traces the roots of the Sitar to this instrument. It is also argued that the modern form of the Tanpura can be traced to the Tri-tantri Veena (The Oxford Encyclopaedia of the Music of India).
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
Asad Ali Khan (1937-2011) REST IN PEACE!
- This RSS feed URL is deprecated May 28, 2018
- Made for the veena - Telangana Today May 26, 2018
- On a journey of perseverance - The New Indian Express May 27, 2018
- Five music concerts at Nadabrahma Sangeetha Sabha from May 26 - Star of Mysore May 25, 2018
- Jugalbandi — what's the charm? - The Hindu May 24, 2018
- innova's Inn-fest 2018 in Minneapolis-St. Paul: Delightfully Adventurous - I CARE IF YOU LISTEN May 16, 2018
- Lorraine C.
- Taimur Khan