The Tri-tantri Veena, known as the Jantra in medieval times and also known as the tri-tantrika, had three strings and no frets. Dr Lalmani Misra, in his book Bharatiya Sangeet Vadya, traces the roots of the Sitar to this instrument. It is also argued that the modern form of the Tanpura can be traced to the Tri-tantri Veena (The Oxford Encyclopaedia of the Music of India).
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
Asad Ali Khan (1937-2011) REST IN PEACE!
- This RSS feed URL is deprecated August 15, 2018
- Geetha Bennett (1950-2018) : A Tribute - India Currents August 13, 2018
- Amazon Prime's Harmony with AR Rahman hopes to introduce ... - Firstpost August 9, 2018
- Jana Gana Mana | The Soul Of India | Sonu Nigam | Bickram Ghosh - Times of India August 15, 2018
- Music - The Hindu August 14, 2018
- How an apartment became important for classical music fans - Times of India August 5, 2018
- Lorraine C.
- Taimur Khan