Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
Asad Ali Khan (1937-2011) REST IN PEACE!
- This RSS feed URL is deprecated November 23, 2017
- Weaving magic with the veena - Deccan Chronicle November 20, 2017
- 'Nadalahari' features instrumentalists celebrating Chennai for ... - The Hindu November 23, 2017
- Pt Vishwa Mohan Bhatt: Classical music brings out human values in listeners all around world - Connected to India (press release) November 15, 2017
- Seventh Grade Student Neil Nayyar Sets Record for Playing 44 Instruments - India West November 22, 2017
- Land allotted for music varsity at Dharmapura encroached upon - Times of India November 22, 2017
- Lorraine C.
- Taimur Khan
Monthly Archives: April 2011
This is part of a series: ** CONTENTS: 1. History and Artist Profile 2. Introduction 3. Parts of Veena 4. Tuning of Veena 5. Sitting Posture 6. Handling Ways 7. Types of Veena 8. How to Pluck the String 9. … Continue reading
In the video below Noor Zehra Kazim talks a little about the development of the Sagar Veena, a type of Veena built and designed in Pakistan by her father Raza Kazim and herself. This is followed by a performance of … Continue reading
Ustad Asad Ali Khan (Hindi: असद अली खान, Urdu: اسد علی خاں) (born 1937) is an Indian rudra veena player. Khan performs the Dhrupad form of North Indian classical music. He was awarded one of India’s highest civilian honours, the … Continue reading
The Vipanchi Veena was an ancient type of nine-stringed Veena. The Sanskrit term Vipanchi in Sanskrit signifies “sport” or pastime” and so it may appear that the vipanchi of the olden times was a colourful and vibrant accompaniment to the … Continue reading