Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
Asad Ali Khan (1937-2011) REST IN PEACE!
- Re-emergence of Dhrupad - Deccan Chronicle September 24, 2017
- Symphony NH Presents Classical Indian Music - Londonderry News September 25, 2017
- Short-term joy was not his cup of tea - The Hindu September 22, 2017
- Grand Veena recital at RAAGA on 16th - Star of Mysore September 15, 2017
- Of art and music: A Vainik who creates music - Deccan Chronicle August 27, 2017
- Harry Manx brings together blues and classical Hindustani music for Faith Lifts - Straight.com September 21, 2017
- Lorraine C.
- Taimur Khan
Monthly Archives: April 2011
This is part of a series: ** CONTENTS: 1. History and Artist Profile 2. Introduction 3. Parts of Veena 4. Tuning of Veena 5. Sitting Posture 6. Handling Ways 7. Types of Veena 8. How to Pluck the String 9. … Continue reading
In the video below Noor Zehra Kazim talks a little about the development of the Sagar Veena, a type of Veena built and designed in Pakistan by her father Raza Kazim and herself. This is followed by a performance of … Continue reading
Ustad Asad Ali Khan (Hindi: असद अली खान, Urdu: اسد علی خاں) (born 1937) is an Indian rudra veena player. Khan performs the Dhrupad form of North Indian classical music. He was awarded one of India’s highest civilian honours, the … Continue reading
The Vipanchi Veena was an ancient type of nine-stringed Veena. The Sanskrit term Vipanchi in Sanskrit signifies “sport” or pastime” and so it may appear that the vipanchi of the olden times was a colourful and vibrant accompaniment to the … Continue reading