Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
Asad Ali Khan (1937-2011) REST IN PEACE!
- Sheppie Snippets: Temples to host Mariamman prayers - South Coast Herald July 20, 2017
- Carnatic's Nobel - The Hindu July 20, 2017
- Vidushi MS Jayamma Memorial Classical Music Competitions - Star of Mysore July 19, 2017
- Stringing cultures together - The Hindu June 29, 2017
- Music feature 'Rajayogindra' marks JC Wadiyar's birth anniversary - Star of Mysore July 19, 2017
- A melodious confluence - The Hindu June 29, 2017
- Lorraine C.
- Taimur Khan
Monthly Archives: April 2011
This is part of a series: ** CONTENTS: 1. History and Artist Profile 2. Introduction 3. Parts of Veena 4. Tuning of Veena 5. Sitting Posture 6. Handling Ways 7. Types of Veena 8. How to Pluck the String 9. … Continue reading
In the video below Noor Zehra Kazim talks a little about the development of the Sagar Veena, a type of Veena built and designed in Pakistan by her father Raza Kazim and herself. This is followed by a performance of … Continue reading
Ustad Asad Ali Khan (Hindi: असद अली खान, Urdu: اسد علی خاں) (born 1937) is an Indian rudra veena player. Khan performs the Dhrupad form of North Indian classical music. He was awarded one of India’s highest civilian honours, the … Continue reading
The Vipanchi Veena was an ancient type of nine-stringed Veena. The Sanskrit term Vipanchi in Sanskrit signifies “sport” or pastime” and so it may appear that the vipanchi of the olden times was a colourful and vibrant accompaniment to the … Continue reading